A conceptual, visual design expert who turns insight and strategy into communications that resonate with consumers and deliver a R.O.I. for our clients. The Art Director works in conjunction with a Copywriter. The Art Director/Copywriter team is responsible for concepting, visualizing and executing a marketing strategy to the high level the agency expects. The Art Director has a deep knowledge of direct marketing, print advertising and digital communications. Financial services experience a plus.
While collaborating with a team of art directors, designers and writers, you’ll generate breakthrough, insight-driven ideas. Working closely with development and UX teams to translate technical and user requirements into effective design solutions. Designing systems and experiences that scale on multiple devices and platforms. When challenges appear, you greet them with optimism, fresh thinking and creative solutions, communicating ideas with clarity and passion.
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree or vocational/technical degree in Art/Design and 3-5 years experience in Art Direction in an advertising or marketing capacity, or a relevant combination of education or experience.
- Exceptional conceptual and design skills
- A master of layouts and the elements making up layouts – type, illustration and/or photography, paper, ink, etc.
- Comfortable doing layouts and concepts for direct and promotional marketing, advertising and interactive
- Advanced knowledge of direct and promotional marketing, advertising and interactive
- Ability to develop a wide range of creative concepts and mediums — direct mail, print ads, outdoor, point-of-sale, brochures, collateral, landing pages and e-mail
- Ability to think strategically and creatively and to generate innovative ideas
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with clients and associates
- Ability to respond professionally to direction, constructive critique and client feedback
- Ability to prioritize, problem solve, and work well under pressure to meet deadlines