Senior Brand Planner
Dallas | Nov 09, 2017
- Responsible for customer insight on assigned accounts; leading brand planning, integrated multi-channel strategic thinking and analytical activity
- Demonstrates thought leadership and identifies opportunities to constantly improve the quality of thinking applied to the Client’s (and Agency’s) business
- Collaborates with Clients and internal partners to provide deeper insights into the dynamics of their business through disciplined and thorough sales, marketing and consumer analyses
- Shows leadership with ideas internally and with clients on multi-channel engagement, including social and content marketing
- Mentors and manages junior planners to ensure target relevance in all communications within the agency.
- A person motivated solving brand and business problems regardless of target, size of challenge, communication objective or tactic needed to get there
- Do’ers only – we are flat from a hierarchy perspective
- Eternally curious and optimistic folks work best in our environment
- A love of new business
- Experience with B2B and B2C brand planning, strategic planning and execution, across a variety of categories and communication tactics
- Unquestioned ability to influence, find and lead others around a great idea
- Creates magic and stimulates magic from others
- Represents the client’s customers in client meetings and presents research/strategy findings.
- Works as a fully integrated member of the client’s designated team, esp. close cooperation with creative and account service.
- Builds powerful ownable brand platforms to drive brand differentiation and preference; and provides leadership and guidance for other team members on branding initiatives.
- Crafts insightful, compelling creative briefs and provides clear persuasive briefings to creatives.
- Recommends and implements research that will aid in the consumer insight gathering and strategic process.
- Develops accurate and insightful conclusions from research data and presents strategy and direction to the client.
- Monitors and interprets cultural and social trends relevant to the client’s business.
- Develops paid and non-paid social media and content marketing strategies to meet client objectives such as awareness, traffic, share of voice, communication/education and growing client’s businesses through owned, earned and paid social channels.
- Monitors the latest trends in social media and content marketing, and provides recommendations on how clients can best leverage new tools and services.
- Compiles data across social media platforms and creating weekly/monthly reports, including analysis for insights, optimizations and future strategy development.
- Employs a variety of research techniques to understand and analyze data and provide insight about relevant online conversations and voices in those conversations.
- A key contributor to new business development
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree, MBA or equivalent business experience preferred
- 5+ years of planning experience at a creative agency or on creative brands showing clear and consistent contributions to long term strategic brand vision, the brand idea and creative
- Proven thought leadership on high profile and brands
- Proven ability to work with creative teams
- Proven quantitative research experience and qualitative research experience (tracking studies, focus groups, in-depth interviews, ethnographic research – any type of interviewing skills) with an ability to see and adapt insights
- Innate curiosity to want to understand people, culture and the world, overall, and, most importantly, a burning desire to dig into what makes them tick
- Passionate about great creative, been part of its creation and able to talk about it
- Proven ability to recognize and create magic and knows what to do with it
- Seeks out opportunity and challenges
We offer a competitive benefits package that includes the following:
- Generous holiday schedule (including President’s Day and MLK Day) plus Fun Fridays.
- Office parties, happy hours and frequent conversations about that TV show we all watched last night.
- Health, dental, vision, prescription and FSA.
- 401(k) program (including employer matching).